Be part of a 700-strong community of musicians
Are you looking for a freelance role that supports developing musicians, complements a portfolio career, and lets you travel? If yes, music examining could be just the thing for you.
For the first time, we are looking to recruit and train a team of examiners based in South East Asia. We will be running a training course in Singapore in February 2020.
Hear what it’s like to be a Grade examiner from our Chief Examiner John Holmes:
What we look for
- Musician with a strong educational background
- Willingness to travel across South East Asia (our biggest international tours take place in Hong Kong, Malaysia, China and Singapore, often in groups with others)
- Experience and qualities to cope and react positively in a range of situations
- Experience of working with children
- Competent but not necessarily performing pianist
- Time commitment of at least three weeks, twice a year
What you'll enjoy
- Comprehensive training and ongoing professional development if you're successful (unique for a freelance role in music education)
- Competitive pay, with the potential to work as much as you want
- Dedicated help desk for any queries or support
- International SOS support when working overseas for any medical or security issues